April 29, 2013

God is faithful

This is the hardest blog I have ever had to write, and I wish I could put if off longer.  But you deserve to know what's going on, so here I am to tell you.

To protect those involved, there is not much I can say.  In short, some people were faced with difficult decisions, and the family I was going to live with will no longer be working with Harvest Field.  [Please, please, please pray for everyone involved in this situation.]  For that reason, I am unable to work with Harvest Field, and for the time being I am not moving to Haiti.  This is very heartbreaking for many different reasons, but I know that everything is going to be okay.  God is faithful, and he will be with me, no matter where I am.  So I'm happy to be where I am right now, and I'm excited about all of these possibilities in the future.

If Haiti and I were in a dating relationship, I would say that we were engaged.  I was ready to spend the rest of my life there to invest in children long term.  Now that we've broken off our engagement, I feel that I am not ready to commit super long term at the moment.  And I think that's okay.  

For now, I'm graduating in 5 days and going to Honduras in one week.  Exciting!  After 5 weeks in Honduras, I'm not exactly sure what will happen.  But I'm on the lookout for opportunities, and I'm excited!  I could go anywhere, do anything.  Life's an adventure, right?  

God is good, and God is beautiful.  I'm excited to see what happens next, and I'm happy to be where I am right now.

And I think it's important to remember that I already know where I belong.  It's not Haiti.  It's not anywhere in America.  Where I belong is with God, and that's the best part.

Shelbs






[Some logistical things:  Harvest Field will be sending me the donations that all of you have sent in for me, unless you would prefer to have a refund.  Your money will only ever be used for ministry purposes.  Please contact me if you would like to get your donation back.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  Please e-mail me with any questions.]


P.S.  Things are great at school.  Enjoy some pictures of Highbridge Film Festival and Junior/Senior!



No comments:

Post a Comment