September 1, 2012

Overdue

Hey there, people I love!
I know this blog is long overdue.  Today is the first time that I feel caught up with my life.  Everything is finally organized, and I'm up to date on all of the homework and reading that I already have.  The first week was rough.  I love being back, and I was so glad to see all my friends again.  Yet, every time I was alone, I remembered my precious kids in Haiti.  All I could do was cry.  I know it just takes time, and I'm getting there!  I trust that God is going to continue to take care of those kids, and I just want to embrace every moment even now that I'm back at Asbury!

I've got another jam-packed semester ahead of me.  I'm working three jobs.  I'm a phoner, childcare worker, and a desk worker!  The fantastic news is that I can get quite a bit of homework done when I work the desk.  Can you believe it's my senior year?  I can't!  I have been so blessed by my time at Asbury, and I'm thrilled to have this year here! 

On a different note, I'm trying to lose some weight this year, so wish me luck!  I lost 5 lbs since being back at school, but I know it gets harder after you get started.

As for the future, who knows?  I can tell you a little about my dreams.  I truly believe that when we delight in God, He gives us desires that are just like His desires (Psalm 37:4).  Then God makes our dreams come true!  So what is my dream?  There are so many possibilities and opportunities.  It's absolutely invigorating when you think about it.  I can still honestly say that I'll be happy anywhere, doing pretty much anything!  I'm looking into several long term options, so pray that I will be able to discern where I might be the best candidate.  I'm especially excited about Urbana, a missions conference that I'm going to in December.  Hopefully, I'll be able to connect with a lot of missions organizations there, if I haven't already made a decision. 

I am also hoping to go to Honduras for five weeks before I commit to something quite a bit longer. 

Well, I know this blog is a bit random, but it will be more regular in the future.

LOVE,
Shelbs

1 comment: