September 16, 2014

highlights

These past two and a half months have been amazing.  I can't believe how much has happened and how quickly the time has passed.   This picture is from my very first day, and only a couple of these people are still here.  But the exciting thing is that the current staff is almost all staying for 9 or 10 months.  And they're just as lovely as the wonderful people who have left already.  


 Seriously, the staff here is wonderful.  We've got mostly Germans, some English people, a few Americans, and a few Dutchies!  
So, my schedule is pretty irregular.  I occasionally work in the cafe.  Like, for example, these delicious Nutella frappucinos.

I'm also a cleaner supervisor, which means I get the opportunity to work alongside some great people who usually don't know Jesus.  We keep cleaners for about a month, and we have daily devotions with them.  It can be a pretty exhausting shift, but it's also the most rewarding!  Check out some of my favorite cleaners: Kostas (Greek), Marco (German), and Etta (American).


Bust most of my shifts are at reception, and I love it!  Welcoming people into the hostel is super great.  





I should also mention that I've seen some beautiful and fun things.  Amsterdam is absolutely full of history, old buildings, and cool museums.


I've also had some really awesome roommates, like Rachel (from Iowa) and Rebekah (from England).


This is the cafe, where I get to have a lot of conversations with guests, cleaners, and staff!


Enjoy a few more pics of the people I love, pictured below.  ;)







Oh, and don't forget that time that Rachel and I organized a hostel night, complete with games, a message, and a dinner for about 50 people.  It was a masquerade theme, and I talked about being authentic with God and with others, and I played a song on my uke.  So fun!

These past couple months have been full of firsts.  Like destroying a guitar with my bare hands.  Biking more than I ever have before in my whole life.

More importantly, they've been full of God.  Worship on the patio.  Sharing my testimony a billion times.  Devotions and small groups and praying together.


So there's a short glimpse into my life.  Let me know what you want to see!  Sorry about the long blog silence.  More to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment