August 3, 2012

the beat goes on

Clearly, my goal of blogging every day this week has been less than 100% successful.  Oh well!  

I had been doing pretty well with the idea of leaving on Monday until today.  The Kelley's are moving all of their things out of the house today, and it has such finality to it.  I am suddenly exceedingly aware of my impending departure.  But when you leave somewhere, you arrive somewhere else.  All of the somewhere else's in my future are super cool and exciting, so I'm not worried.

Today, Karissa and I are baking a cake for the grandparents in the family that is here.  This trip is part of their celebration of their anniversary.  Baking is so fun I wish we had some powdered sugar so I could make homemade icing, but I guess we will be forced to use chocolate spread or nutella for frosting.  (Just kidding, Karissa, I won't steal your Nutella.  That Nutella as icing thing was a one-time adventure.)  

I know a lot can happen in three days, but I feel like I am already out of time.  

In this three months, I have avoided getting my hair braided here.  They do it so tightly, and I already have a sensitive head.  I always say no, but yesterday some young girls in Williamson started to do my hair without even asking.  I grimaced through the entire process, but in the end, I had a rockin' hairdo.
For tomorrow's blog, I'd like to answer any questions that anyone still has about Haiti (if I can).  Ask away!

Love ya!  <3


1 comment:

  1. Chocolate spread? Let me just say, this is a lovely blog post. I especially like, "when you leave somewhere you arrive somewhere else." Aww! :)
    But really...go back to the part about the chocolate spread. Is this the chocolate spread I'm looking for? Not Nutella, not chocolate icing...chocolate spread? And if so, can you smuggle me some? Please!

    ReplyDelete