July 2, 2014

planes, trains, and bikes

What a whirlwind these past few days have been!  I finished saying goodbye to friends in KY on Sunday, and I arrived at the Amsterdam airport on Monday.  My flight was delayed, but the 8 hour flight went by faster than I expected.  It seems like every single person speaks English, but the signs are all in Dutch!  So the airport was interesting, but not too bad.  I took a train to Central Station, and some girls I work with were waiting at the Starbucks with a sign.  It was adorable.

So far, things have been crazy, trying to figure everything out and get to know everyone.  Yesterday, I biked for the first time in forever.  It was insanely stressful, but at least I didn't crash!  I'm starting to know my way around the city a little bit.   I had my first training shift at the reception desk yesterday.  I love it.  I think reception is going to be super fun.

Well, that's short, but I have MTP (Ministry Training Program) here in a minute.

So tell me, what would you like to learn about Amsterdam and Youth Hostel Ministry?

~P.S.  I wrote a lot of blogs my last few days in Haiti, but if you only read one of them it should be - my baptism .

Thanks! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment