August 14, 2013

proverbs 31 woman

I used to hate the woman from Proverbs 31, mostly because she gets up so early in the morning. To me, the passage always seemed like an unrealistic to-do list that all women should strive to achieve. I even resented it, to an extent, and I didn't understand why people would strive to be like her. 




And it was so silly, because I don't think that's what the passage is about at all. I was reading it in The Message, and I suddenly saw it from a different perspective. It's not about the shame and failure of a woman who fails to meet these standards, but it's a simple celebration of a woman of God. And it's been on my heart a lot recently, but I don't want to overanalyze it and give you a bunch of words from my own thoughts. But I'd really encourage you to spend some time reading this passage today, especially if you're a woman. So I'm going to pick out some of my favorites or you can read it with Bible Gateway.





"Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously
all her life long."

"She’s quick to assist anyone in need,
reaches out to help the poor."

'

"First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day."

"When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says it kindly."

Go, and laugh without fear of the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment