August 9, 2013

inspiration

I'm off to Haiti in about 19 days, woo!  I'm going to have a longer blog in a couple of days to explain more about that, but there's something else I want to talk about right now.

I'm fundraising again, and support is starting to come in.

I just want you all to know what a blessing it is to receive support - whether it's a note of encouragement, a prayer, or a donation.  It says that you believe that God is at work in my ministry; so much so that you want to be a part of it.  And I think that is just beautiful.

It means the world to me, and it means even more when it's someone my own age.  One of my closest friends from Asbury (who surely would not enjoy being mentioned by name on here) has given over $450 in support and is giving monthly as well.  I'm so thankful for her, and I've been so blessed by her constant encouragement (including a book in French to read to the kids in Haiti!).  But even more than that, it renews my hope in this generation.

Because my generation, every generation, has the opportunity to form the world into a more beautiful image, one that looks more like God.  And it doesn't really happen through huge campaigns or giant organizations.  It happens in every decision every day.
The choice to help someone, or help yourself.
To do something about a problem or let it go.
To fight for justice or to find a way to make yourself happy.
To use your time, energy, and money for something that might change the world for the better, or to use it for something that might change the world for the worse.

My prayer is that this generation will make the choices to make this world a more beautiful, just, and cooperative place.  But even if it doesn't, lives are being changed by the big and small sacrifices that are made every day by those who believe that doing so just might shine the love of God on the face of another.

Thanks again, to everyone!  And I hope that if you believe that God is at work in Port Salut, Haiti, that you will support this ministry in whatever way you can.

Have a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment