May 15, 2013

beautiful little things

I'm in that beautiful, strange place - the one where you don't know much of anything about the future.  There are so many possibilities, but, at the same time, it can be hard not knowing.  
Honduras is great, but I'm not here for long.  I'm not sure how much these five weeks will change the world, but I know that for me it's a time of enjoying the little things.

Students laughing at me trying to speak Spanish.
Miscommunications that result in hilarious jokes.
Riding in the back of a truck.
Seeing the stars.
Seeing the mountains.
Eating ice cream.
Trying new things (even food!).
Meeting wonderful people who love Jesus.
Catching a glimpse of someone else's heart.
Watching cartoons in Spanish.
Kids who are goofy and make the same jokes over and over.  (There's a banana on your head!)
Sunburn jokes from people who know nothing of being sunburnt.
8th grade boys who will never think that we're cool.


Those are just a few.  Now, here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.

Photo
we often take siestas throughout the day



from our travel day.  don't we look fabulous?


Thanks for reading my blog!  Next, go read my best friend's blog!  She wrote a good one this week.  =]



2 comments:

  1. Trying new food! Yay Shelby!
    And I'm so glad you're meeting wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, remember when we were the 8th grade boys and girls that thought we'd never be cool? sure showed them! =p

    Keep doing beautiful things, Shevlar!

    ReplyDelete