July 30, 2012

shelby: then, now, and someday

Things I Miss:
I miss my brothers and my mom.  Sometimes kids ask me what my brothers names are.  They think Michael is pretty normal, but they are exceedingly surprised by the name Kevin.
I really miss my family in California.  It's been way too long!
I miss chapel.  At Asbury, we have chapel 3 times a week, and I love it.
I miss Starbucks, ribs, and sunflower seeds.
I miss sleeping in.  Breakfast is at 7 every day, so I either get up on time for it or don't eat breakfast at all.

Things I'm Currently Enjoying:
Adorable kids who love me a lot.
An AWESOME family from Napa/Seattle.  They are super fun, and I'm so glad they are here to help me make the most of my last week.
I really enjoy living with the Kelley's and with Karissa (another intern).
Cold showers.
Adventurous roads and crowding an amount of people in cars that would not be legal in America.
Everyone is always outside.
I love the Haitian staff.
Spoons.
Cokes with real sugar.
Palm trees.
Learning Kreyol.
Making new friends.

Things I'm Looking Forward To:
I'm going to be involved more with CSA this year, particularly with the homeless shelter in Lexington!
I'm going to have a fantastic hall - complete with so many wonderful friends.
I'm also going to have a wonderful roommate, who is also pretty much my neighbor in real life too!
Many fabulous road trips.
Red Robin with my brother and mom when I get back to America. (All my life, grand occasions were celebrated with clucks and fries.  Why change now?)

On a completely different note, now is the time to tell me if you really want a souvenir from Haiti.  Very soon it will be too late!

2 comments:

  1. I miss chapel too! I can't wait to find out who my chapel buddies are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I miss: Shelby
    Things I'm enjoying right now: Shelby's blog
    Things I'm looking forward to: seeing Shelby!
    Now am I enough of a creeper for you? :)

    ReplyDelete