May 27, 2012

4 days without blogging?!?!

I'm not sure I can ever remember all that's happened in the last four days.  Not much!  There has been a lot of me on my computer working on this or that.  I'm having a few frustrations about things not working out how I wanted, but I'm always going to make the most of it!  As for normal Haitian setbacks, those don't frustrate me at all!  We had no internet for a couple days.  The gate into our community has been flooded for months and months, and it's been getting worse and worse to get through without falling into the car-catchers.  The water is super nasty brown with who knows what in it.  The boys had to walk through it the other day.  GOOD NEWS THOUGH!  We found another gate!!!!! WIN!!!!  Just in time because our main gate is impossible to pass now.  The whole bridge is collapsed.  The government may or may not be working on fixing it - lol.

A couple days ago, Ali and I had the idea of homemade ice cream!  It was delicious!  I'm definitely going to have to do that again while I'm here.  We also watch POTC 3!!  Good times.

We went to FPCH yesterday, and I fell even more in live with a kids.  I did a lot of playing and tickling (which unfortunately led to the kids tickling me as a mob).  We brought them cookies, and it was probably like the first time they had ever had them ever. We also brought juice.  The said "Thank you Jesus" when they saw what we had brought.  Also, isn't it funny that they know how to say, "give me candy, please" in english?  Funny and also a little sad.  The kids told me I was beautiful.  They're the beautiful ones, in my opinion.  I'm definitely going to have to get a lot more pictures with the kids before this summer is over!  Especially Mikayla, Francesca, Angelica, etc.  I just want to know all of their names!  There are like 50 at FPCH at 19 at Tree of Life.  I love those kids.  How will I ever leave this country?

Today we had Sunday Funday, in spite of the hour or so delay in getting back to the house after church.  We went to the Caribbean Lodge, and I ate good fried chicken and fries.  I know it's a nice restaurant, but I am ever aware of the possibility of getting sick off of the food here.  A lot of expats eat there though, so I'm assuming it's relatively safe.  We went swimming.  The swimming pools here are so hot!  It's like swimming in the bath!

LOVE YOU ALL!

Please comment because I love it.  =]  Also, tell me what you'd like to know about Haiti.  I'd love to answer any questions you might have.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you found another gate! I can't imagine the government would do anything anytime soon... (ever?)

    & I would love to hear more about some of the kids you're getting to work with- they sound so cute! I know there's a language barrier, but hopefully you'll start learning more of the language soon! =) I'm sure just being there is great for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the kids sounds adorable! I can't really think of any specific questions I have for you... Just keep telling us about your adventures in Haiti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I found where to comment! Last time I looked i couldn't find it--maybe I was having a dumb moment... 1) I would LOVE to eat fruit right off the tree
    2) waterboarding? that sounds kinda dangerous, but I'm glad you had fun...
    3)Homemade ice cream!! (drool...)
    HAKUNA MATATA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Beth, I don't know... Maybe somewhere!
    Rachael, what a wonderful phrase.

    ReplyDelete