May 12, 2012

on my way out

Here I am, in the chicago airport!  I will be leaving in about eight hours, first to miami, and then to Port au Prince!  Life has been so busy, that I have barely been able to process all of these emotions.  I had the busiest semester ever, and it was followed by one short week of preparing and spending time with my wonderful friends and family.  I'm definitely excited, but I'm a little bit nervous as well.  I'm repeatedly reminding myself that it doesn't matter if anything goes wrong because God will be with me through it all!  Everything will be fine even if I do lose my luggage or miss my flight or whatever.  I wasn't worried about any of these things before, but I'm suddenly doubting my competence in travelling internationally alone!  This either the bravest or the silliest thing that I have ever done.  I feel like such an adult right now.  This is all so crazy!

I also want to thank again all of you who are supporting this internship and praying for me.  This couldn't have happened without you.

I won't be in america for three months, and I know it won't be the same when I get back - because I won't really be the same! 

I love all of you!  If you read this in the next eight hours, feel free to call me.  I've got nothing better to do!  The airport is rather empty this time of night, and most of the interesting places are closed by now.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment