May 13, 2012

day one

My first day in Haiti has been great!  I'm super tired though, so I think I better get to bed.  My first week is going to be about shadowing Ali, the missionary, and the team that is here (from Minnesota).  One of the girls on the team asked me a question.  I guess I should know things, but I don't really yet!!!  Oh well!  Tomorrow, we are going to see some kids and give them TOMS SHOES!  I am also very happy to see that the shoes are of a much higher caliber than the Toms that you get in America.  These are built for the rough Haiti terrain, so I'm sure they last longer.  The generator is out of gas in the staff house, so I'm sleeping in the guest house tonight (not that either of those things really mean much to you reading this).  I will be happy to explain more about everything when I get the chance.  If I weren't so tired, I would do it right now!
Happy Mother's Day, mom!  I'm sorry I'm so far away.
Love you all!
<3 Shelby

2 comments:

  1. I adore you. I miss you, but think you are where you belong now. I enjoyed our week and probably gained 5 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me too! But I'm sure I will lose it now. I probably have already! I've sweated at least that much!

      Delete