June 17, 2012

feels like home

Tree of Life is starting to really feel like home to me.  I love those kids so much, and I know they really love me.  When we are there, I just feel overwhelmed by their love.  They love to help me learn Creole.  Last time we were there, I found out how to say "I'm going to miss you."  Heartbreaking...  I don't want them to miss me.  It makes me want to stay forever.  It's hard to explain how I feel when we're there - like it's perfect and there's no other place I'd rather be.  Lovingtsky made me  necklace that says "Lovingtsky loves Shelby" in english and in creole.  He's such a cutie.  He and Woodnea and Jepson are totally BFF's.  Those three boys, all around age 10, are so hilarious.  I love their expressions.  And I love Anne Marie, who always makes fun of the way I always sing her name.  She is older and she always wants to dance with me.  Elemnia is 3, I think.  Her face kind of reminds me of a monkey.  She is a little more malnourished than the others.  She has the most adorable voice.  I love to sing with the kids.  They sing Justin Bieber's "Baby" and they replace it with my name -"Shelby, shelby, shelby, ohhhhhhhhhh," They also sing a song in Creole that translates to "Shelby loves all the children.  All the children love Shelby.  Shelby Shelby Shelby"  Elemnia has a sister, Kimberly George, who has the sweetest personality.  I love Judeline, who is 15.  She wants to learn english from me, so I'm planning on teaching her a little.  Luciana was my first love.  She ran to me the very first time I saw her, 5 whole weeks ago.  She has the biggest smile on her face all the time!  She smiles really big and closes her eyes like she's so happy she can't take it.  It's contagious.


I know this is pretty incoherent, but I don't ever want to forget these things.

"Mwen pral sonje tout ti moun nan Tree of Life."
I am going to miss all the kids at Tree of Life.

Ayiti, mwen ke.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! The kids all sound soo adorable! I really love hearing about your heart for these kids, Shelby.
    I'd like to see more about how you're seeing God use you and the others in your group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Ditto Sara's comment: the kids are so cute!!! I love that you all are really getting a close bond. :)

    ReplyDelete