June 18, 2012

i hate today

Today was so difficult, and now I am just empty.
It's ironic that I wrote that blog yesterday about how much I love each of those kids at Tree of Life... Today half of them are gone.  The orphanage can't afford to take care of them, so they have gone back to living with relatives who also can't afford them or don't want them.  Roosevelt, Luciana, Woudnea, Jepson, Geurlande, Nathalie....  Gone, and I will probably never see them again.  And it hurts.  I cried and cried while we were there.  "Shelby criye!" said the children.  "Wi, mwen tris."  The kids were pretty heartbroken too.  We cried together, and we comforted each other.  Those kids...  
I mean, it's Haiti, so not a lot of things have surprised me.  I am not surprised when one of the kids is very sick or when we get delayed because of a manifestation.  Anything could happen.  I knew that some of the kids might leave, but I didn't think half of them would leave at once.  The tears aren't coming anymore, but I just feel broken.  My sweet, darling children.  I wasn't prepared for goodbye just yet.
=[

2 comments:

  1. That is the saddest story of all. You are involved in heartwarming as well as heartbreaking events. I am glad that you loved them so much.

    ReplyDelete