June 24, 2012

it's been too long since i blogged

Hey guys!
How are things back in the states?
I'm officially on my seventh week here... Crazy.  
Do I miss anything about the U.S?  Well...  Ice cream.  ...  That's it!
Things are still rough sometimes.  There are a couple interns that seem to hate me.  It's kind of difficult, but I am always comforted by a couple of verses.

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me before it hated you."

1 Peter 2:19 (NLT) 
For God is pleased with you when you do what you know is right and patiently endure unfair treatment.

Anyway, there's a team here from Minnesota!  It's fun having more people around the house, and I have enjoyed getting to know them.

There was a British medical missionary from Santa Barbara, CA at the grocery store this week.  I'm in love.  

(Just kidding, but he sounds pretty perfect, right?)

Do you ever have those moments where everything just comes together?  Like every event in your whole life has brought you to this moment of perfection.  When we were visiting our school in Williamson on Friday, some of the kids starting singing "Siyahamba" in Kreyol!  They taught it to me in Kreyol and Spanish, and I taught it to them in Swahili and English.  It was beautiful.  

We normally go to Tree of Life on Mondays and Thursdays, but it's getting harder for me every time.  Two times a week isn't a lot, and I find myself really missing the kids on days that we're not there.  If I can't handle two days without these kids, how will I ever go back to school?  I don't know.  I really don't know.

I still have a little over 7 weeks, and I'm really looking forward to all that we are going to be working on.  Hopefully, we are going to be working with the families of the kids who were at Tree of Life.  If we can find ways to empower these families to stay together, that would be fantastic.  I'm really hoping that will be the case.  Karissa and I might meet with Sister Ann today to talk to her about working with her boy's home.  I hope that works out too!

I'm sorry this blog is so random, but my head is all over the place right now!

As always, feel free to ask me about anything, and keep the blog comments coming!  

Love you all!
Shelbs

1 comment:

  1. British guy!!!!!!

    And then you said:
    Hey, I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    but you're a British missionary,
    so marry me maybe?

    :) LOL

    P.S. Siyahamba is a really cool song!

    ReplyDelete