September 25, 2013

four weeks

Tomorrow, I will get my mail for the first time!  I'm so excited!  I don't think I've ever met anyone who loves getting a letter as much as I do, but if you think you're a contender, I'd love to geek out about letter-getting with you.  =]

So, if you ever would like to send me a package - don't forget to include a note!  But here are some things you could send, if you ever happened to feel like it.

Stuff for the orphanage:
- Crayons
- Candy
- Bubbles
- Construction Paper
- Disney Movies that have French capabilities (Message me to check if I already have it!)
- Safety Scissors
- Glue/tape
- Any other craft materials you have laying around (literally anything!)

Stuff for me and my family:
- Fun activities for Lena's school (or any sort of materials that could be used as such)
- Lara bars for Shannon
- Toothpaste (You can never have enough, and it's really expensive to get here!)
- Salty snacks (I'm a huge fan of Cheez-its, Goldfish, etc.)
- Mac and Cheese for ALL OF US (Seriously, we love it.)

And of course, anything that you can think of would be very appreciated.  The only thing I love more than letters is surprises!!!



Anyway, that was longer than I meant it to be.

I just wanted to give an update on how everything is going.


  1. Lena and I have been going to the orphanage every week, and I would like to work out our schedule so that we can go like 3 times a week.  
  2. My class is hilarious!  Yes, I have to be firm with them and attempt to assert some sort of teacherly authority, BUT they are generally respectful.  I can already see them a lot.
  3. Lena's school is going great as well!  As of this, the 4th week, she has lost some of her enthusiasm for school.  She would rather play than do school, but she's mostly good after we get started.  
  4. Overall, I'd say that I'm adjusting pretty well.  Some things still scare me - like driving a moto.  No, I haven't done it yet, but I'm a bit scared when I think about it!  
  5. I'm good and healthy, and I haven't really been sick, except for one night.  
  6. I have been in Haiti for four weeks, but it feels like I just got here!  Crazy!  

Lastly, I'd love to do a Q & A about Haiti, my life, orphans, etc sometime soon.  Send in some questions, and you'll get an answer on the blog before too long.  

Love you people!

Shoutout to everyone who helped me get the money for my scooter.  I should be purchasing it in a week or two!  I'm especially grateful for a good friend from college who gave the majority of the funds for it!  I'm so humbled by my peers who love and follow Jesus.  You know who you are, and you're awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment