September 21, 2013

spending time with Jesus

I've been thinking a lot lately about the importance of spending time with God, which has been a recurring theme in my life because I just can't seem to get it right.  Even when I sort of get on a schedule of 15 minutes a day or so, I realize that I need more, that I never seem to get enough!

And I was thinking about heaven, and how it's going to be so awesome to worship Jesus all day long.  Yet I wonder, why do some people work so hard to get there without spending any time with Him while they're on this earth?  That's like working all year to go camping without ever taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of your backyard.  Spending time with Jesus is a taste of heaven, and I just wonder we don't make it more of a priority.  Maybe the truth is that many of us are enticed more by the streets of gold and no-more-tears thing of heaven.  Maybe we just want to get there for selfish reasons.  When all along, the real prize for our labor in the harvest is simply to BE with Him.

Not to mention (wait- I hate that phrase!  You say that you're not mentioning something as the transition into mentioning it.  Somebody explain that!), there is no point in anything you do for God without giving Him ample time to fill you up.  Seriously, you're not giving a single thing that is worth receiving, if you're not giving it out of the love, joy, peace, and hope that God has given to you.

I'm talking to me.  Because the truth is that I need Jesus every day, every hour, every moment, or what I do here is in vain.  I might as well be living it up and focusing on myself in every way.

So I will seek God, every day, because it's worth it for so many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment