September 16, 2013

why i love you a whole lot

This one's for you, sitting on your computer, going out of your way to take the time to see how I'm doing.

I sit here, and my prayer is that you know how much you mean to me, that I pray for you every day.  Do you know that I wouldn't be here without you?  Supporters play such an integral role in missions.  Not just supporters who give money, though it is appreciated.  But every single thing you can do, it means the world to me.  Can you imagine how much it means to me, here in Haiti, to remember that so many people back in the states helped me get to be where I am, that they pray for me, that they take time to read my blog?  Maybe you can't.  Maybe you have to be on the receiving end to understand how humbling and how beautiful it is.  I know that I never thought that my support played a huge role in the life of any missionaries.  Maybe if I were more eloquent, I could really explain it to you.  All I know to say is that you, each and every one of you, are precious to me.

Here are some things that have been done, or could be done in the future, that are a HUGE blessing and encouragement to me!

1. Comment on my blog.  I love blogging, but it's hard to be consistent when I feel like no one reads all of my silly ideas and rambling!

2. Pray for me.  And let me know how I can pray for you.  I want to stay updated on your lives!

3. Send me a letter!  
Shelby Bollar

c/o Agape Flights CAY 27525

100 Airport Avenue

Venice, FL 34285

http://www.agapeflights.com/send-a-packageletter.html

4. Talk to me about ministry.  I'd love to hear your heart for ministry and help you get plugged in somewhere or sort through any questions you might be struggling with.  

5. Help me get a scooter!  Okay, it sounds like a small thing, but it would mean so much to me!  Today is day 1 of my scooter campaign, and I already have over 10% of my goal thanks to an anonymous donor!  If I get this scooter, I will be able to visit the orphanage more often, and we all know that's where my heart truly is.  It will also just open up more possibilities and opportunities in general!  So please do what you can, even if you think it's small.  http://www.gofundme.com/4b868c

6. Spend some time today alone and ask yourself what you are doing to make believers in all nations.  Are you happy with what you're doing?  Would you like to do more?  I'd love to talk about any of this with you.  I'm ALWAYS ready and willing to talk about things that matter.  Just shoot me a quick message.  

Thanks for reading, and Happy Monday!

Love you all so much more than you know!

2 comments:

  1. When you get your scooter, you can be Haiti's own Scooter Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting to hear what you are doing. Wow, half way to the scooter goal. You have a great support team here in the US! I can picture the smiles on the kids faces when they hear you coming on your scooter...Shelby bèl bagay nou yo se isit la! Tan pou plezi! Hope I said that right. My creole comes from google translator! Having that scooter will be a true blessing because I know that your heart is with the little ones, they feel it too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete