September 23, 2013

soul surfer

I'm showing a movie to my class every Friday.  Last week, we watched "Soul Surfer."  One of the questions they had to answer was: "what did you learn from this movie?"  For those of you who haven't seen it, it's about Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a shark attack and went on to be very awesome and successful and "embrace more people than [she] ever could have with two arms."

"We should go love the handicapped."

"I can say she does everything by herself.  She cooks, she goes to the market."

"When someone goes to take a bath in the sea, lots of problems can arrive."

"I can be what I want to be."

"The sea is something very dangerous."

"I was surprised to see Bethany in the ocean his problem."

"Many people shouted at other people swim." (I had a hard time decoding that one!)

"By this movie I learned that everything is possible if you are courageous, diligent, and have faith in God."

So there you have it.  Don't take a bath in the sea.  =]

1 comment:

  1. Remember that one time that I had to drag you to see this movie on opening weekend, and then it turned out to be one of your favorites? :) Such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete